The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1164 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
Love the story. The characters are alive, and the setting seems real. You did a great job.
Very good dialogue. This wasn't a coincidence for Laney or the police officer!
I loved this story. That Tom sounds like a bonified gaurdian Angle for Elaine. Well done!
You're exceptionally good at dialog. I think this is a terrific entry!
05/16/07
What a great story with a great message! That period of history is so interesting--I loved how you wove her names to distinguish good and bad. Good job!! :-)
05/16/07
This was such an authentic piece right down to Elaine worried about her parents having kittens. I could smell the smoke in the joint and the clink of glasses, it was that well written.
Boy, why doesn't this have more comments? I like this, you did a very good job.
05/16/07
Great story. Very interesting. Loved how God was trying to get her attention, then provided her way of escape. Nice writing!
05/16/07
Excellent sense of place and dialogue here! You put me right in the middle of this scene. Great job!
05/16/07
This is wonderful! Your first several paragraphs, especially, really set the mood and atmosphere of the time period, in a seamless, unforced way. Very, very good writing.
Excellent work! I really enjoyed this tale.
OK...I didn't say enough. This is awesome. I love the way you set the story. I could see Laney in the club. You brought this time to life with the atmosphere and dialogue. Great writing.
05/16/07
Very, very nice story and a wonderfully warm ending. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing it
Oh awesome! I love the "Elaine" it's very "His Mysterious Ways" sort of tone. The characters were real and the setting was very descriptive. Good job.