The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1432 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/04/07
I love the way you inserted the verses in parallel throughout the piece. A beautiful, contemporary re-telling of a precious story.
05/09/07
I can't believe this one doesn't have more comments--it's a wonderful, fresh telling of a familiar story, and done exceptionally well.
This is very good. I really don't like to jump back and forth, but there's no other way that this could have been done. You chose the right format.
05/09/07
Wonderfully interwoven. Great work.
You brought an ancient parable into today's world and showed how it is as ever true now and it was then.
Great message and writing!
05/09/07
I have missed your writing, David. This is exceptionally structured and wonderfully insightful. Excellent.
05/09/07
Very, very moving. I love this retelling of the story. Thanks for sharing this
05/09/07
The interweaving showed the parallels quite nicely, but made it feel a little choppy. (BUT I loved how it brought the parable to a 'modern day' level!) I could picture the events--good job. :-)
Very well done! I liked how your interwove the current and past story of the prodigal son. The modern setting is easier to relate to for today's young readers. A wonderful piece. Thanks for sharing!
05/10/07
Your title is perfect. This is very well written -- easy to read and nice flow. What a great retelling of a great Bible story. You've brought the written pages of God's Word to life. Wonderful writing.