The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Delightful narrative! The poem sings. I really enjoyed it.
Delightful narrative! The poem sings. I really enjoyed it.
Delightful narrative! The poem sings. I really enjoyed it.
Delightful narrative! The poem sings. I really enjoyed it.
Delightful narrative! The poem sings. I really enjoyed it.
03/15/07
This was sweet - like apple pie! Great job.
Oh! I luv, luv, luv it! What a delightful story in verse! It's a "WOW" in my book!!

03/17/07
Great title and such an endearing story.
03/17/07
Cute, sweet and delightful. To keep the meter beat I'd suggest using "upon my face" in next to last verse...but most of poem has meter in sync. Nice job.
I really liked this! I don't usually stick with long poems, but this one caught me! Good job.
03/18/07
I loved this! I could easily imagine this wonderful character and his sweet lady. Very enjoyable!
Wonderful. Reminds me of one of the story lines in the musical, Oklahoma.

One of my favorite stanzas was why he sat in front of her in church - afraid he couldn't take his eyes off her and not hear what the preacher was saying. Been there myself. : )
03/20/07
I love this, Laurie! Perfect dialect, and adorable story, with a narrator impossible not to love.
Sweet poem! What a fun one to read!
03/20/07
You took me through a whole gambit of emotions! This has it all - just everything. I wanted him to hurry up! You have a gift dear Laurie! LOVED your "Story Poetry."
03/20/07
Great job with the voice and taking through the different stages of the romance.
Touching, cute, fun...maybe also "inspiring" in a clean, simple, truthful sort of way. Loved seeing inside this man and finding a tender heart there. :-)

Nice flow and rhyme, as usual!
03/21/07
Just lovely and sweet! I love the voice. Great title too!
Cute and fun! I like Emma Jean she sounds like a lovely person to know. Seeing her through Clarence's eyes was certainly a treat. ^_^
03/21/07
What a wonderful story told by this well-written poem! It grabbed and held my interest to the last word! Your dialect was great, and you just gotta love that Clarence! :)