The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1962 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/28/07
Good imagery, very descriptive. A technical note; if you use italics for a thought, they do not carry quote marks, and you need not tag the line with "He thought." Thanks for sharing this colorful piece, yes the Lord paints a beautiful picture every day.
01/28/07
A first read doesn't really get it; but after the reader KNOWS, and goes back and re-reads it - the impact is powerful! (FW, Sir William, I believe it was, introduced me to what he calls "speed bumps"..when the reader has to retract his/her steps in mid-story, & go back to figure out what? Who? etc. is happening). This happened to me in this entry - but after "getting it"...it was a masterpiece! Solid! Powerful and Well done!
01/29/07
You painted a masterpiece with your words here, dear friend. The images are so vivid and desscriptive. Wonderful!
01/29/07
Wow, wow, wow. Just...wow. This is superb!
01/29/07
Thanks for the great comments, despite my very bad boo boos (I really need to proof better before submitting, but I was just glad to get one in this week! LOL)
Minus the few boo-boos that you mentioned already, this piece is a masterpiece. That last line was expertly rendered. No, there will not be a need for the darker hues when He comes again.

This piece was like a glorious praise song. Wonderfully done, Shari!

01/30/07
This was breathtaking and beautiful. What more can I say.
01/31/07
Wow! I just loved this. What an amazing way to tell this story. This is an excellent job. Thanks for sharing it.
01/31/07
This is beautiful. I love this perspective ... just beautiful.
Shari, you are a poet. This is a marvelous image!
Simply amazing! This is so vivid, you-are-there atmosphere while reading. Very powerful message! The last line pulled everything together so smoothly-I LOVE this, excellent, wonderful job! ^_^
02/01/07
You wove His story in in very subtle but light way, making it all flow in one piece, as we now do. Beautifully done!