The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1458 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was a beautiful story. Very powerful to me. It made me WANT to see the painting!
This was a really sweet story. I loved the old lady you created.
01/27/07
Oh my, my. What a grand story. So sweet, smooth, sincere and elegant. The artist did a masterful job in capturing his wife's love for him, whose eyes reflect the love he has for her. I'm sure it stirred thoughts in the narrtor's mind if such a love existed for him or her. It would kind of be like reading the Bible where we see the Love the writers had for God in their Holy Ghost inspired descriptions of His love for us. Far excellent entry. Anointed. God bless.
A beautiful story. Very well written.
01/28/07
I so enjoyed this. I, too, would love to see the picture. And what a beautiful love story - touched my heart.
I *adore* stories about the elderly, their lives, loves, and experinces, so this was a joy for me to read. It's tender and very well written, too. Thumbs up.
01/29/07
Beautiful, beautiful description. A wonderfully sweet telling of love for the ages. Just charming.
01/29/07
An engaging encouter of memories and love. Truly beautiful. Well done.
01/30/07
I, too, reached into my pocket for a handkerchief. Beautiful story, great take on the topic Art - and very well written. Beautifully done.
01/30/07
I was so touched by this--anyone might think this man would be bitter for not having sold any paintings, but he had a great gift in the love of his life.
01/30/07
What a touching, well-written story! I could hear the love in the old woman's words. You do an excellent job of discribing a painting that I felt like I was looking at it myself.
Once again, Edy, you rock the house. Outstanding description throughout, not just visual description either. You set the scene between the two women, as well as the love between husband and wife.

Wonderful last line, btw. You paint quite the picture yourself. I can't believe this didn't place. Great, great job.
I felt like I should whisper goodbye and tiptoe out after reading this wonderful piece.
You described a hallowed room, drenched in love by an artist who sacrificed and set aside his own ambition to do what was expected of him--farm work. Somehow, I feel,dearheart, that the corridors of heaven will be lined with artwork such as you have described,unknown here on earth but preserved for all eternity for saints to enjoy. What sensitive but masterful writing. I'm so glad I found you.