The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1824 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/27/06
This is exactly what I hoped to read in this series of essays. Probably, even if this is fiction, it is close to actual accounts. I enjoyed the way the composition worked. Thank you.
10/27/06
Your title caught my attention, and your crisp writing kept me reading. Very good job. I really enjoyed this. God bless.
10/29/06
I really liked this! You used the letters home approach very effectively. Your title is a grabber!
10/29/06
As has been said an excellent title and I like the way that the ministry develops as time goes by. But I thought the overall effect was a bit corny. Such activities might possibly have taken place a hundred years ago but I thought they were unrealistic for a setting of 2005.
This was good! I like the personal correspondence style, and it had just the right touch of wit and humor, too. Well done.
10/29/06
A clever approach! A very economical way to tell the whole story, and in an authentic voice.

The spelling of the people was inconsistent: are they "Xanileans" or "Xaileans"?

Good job creating suspense and resolution here.
10/30/06
A very nice story and I enjoyed the way it unfolded. Thanks so much for sharing it.
10/30/06
Very, very good! I love the way you presented this, giving a full story using first person voice. Very, very well done. Great work! :)
10/30/06
Unique format and great writing--really kept my attention and I'm long for more letters home. Great work.
10/31/06
Though it may not be realistic, it was an entertaining read and a good reminder that God leads our lives and paves the way before us. Loved the title!!
11/01/06
What I like- The title drew me in first! I liked the quick pace - clear writing style. Good humor. Nice touch on the details.
What I might change - some parts didn't seem real but it was a fun read anyways!:)
Good writing!!