The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1290 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/06
Good title for the story about the earthquake; I liked the last line the best, although it definitely is fiction as I doubt insurance was around in those days. The guard was a bit long-winded in his describing of the events, but the retelling of this bible story is creative.
10/20/06
This was so creative. And I LOVED the Act of God clause! Cool!
10/20/06
Very creative indeed and I especially like the name of the story.
10/20/06
I love how you truly put yourself in the guard's shoes. Stories like this are so inspiring.
10/21/06
An interesting take on this Biblical account. I did a double take when I read "flashlight" and the "insurance" bit--did you mean to put this in modern times? If so, bravo. Kept my attention and moved along at a great pace--very enjoyable read.
10/22/06
I might have been tempted to chose either modern times or ancient, rather than a combination of both. But this was really good, and I loved the last line.
10/24/06
Well-chosen title... creative... enjoyed this very much.
10/24/06
Clever--I'd like to see this even more "modernized", so as to eliminate any uncertainty as to whether it was intentional. Great POV, creative story.