The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1797 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
Hats off, for an absolutely wonderful view of "Cross" from a very unique perspective. You mixed the "Cross" with servanthood and destiny. As Christ laid down His life, Hussopos laid down his at Jesus feet. May we know and understand if hyssop had such a wonderful purpose, how much more do we. Embrace the cross.

My favorite lines, (as if I could pick)

Ever so gently, Hussopos caressed the lips of the Spotless Lamb whose blood soaked the crude wooden cross. What an honor bestowed on this chosen one!

Drops of precious blood mingled with his moistened blooms as he was lowered away from the Beloved Sacrifice and carelessly discarded.
Blessings Brenda


08/27/06
What an unexpected twist! I was held until the end - simply had to find out what was going on. Good job.
08/28/06
No other word for this one but ... awesome!
I love your way with words. I'm still spellbound. You got me from the moment I read your title. WOW!
08/28/06
MASTERPIECE!! You really touched my soul with anointed picture of the cross! It's a wonderful story, a precious devotional woven with His love for mankind.
08/29/06
Wow wow WOW! This truly IS a masterpiece! You kept me at the edge of my seat through this entire piece. I don't know what else to say other than WOW WOW WOW!!
08/29/06
Captivating and mesmerizing from your first paragraph to the very end. Very well crafted. Great job!
08/30/06
Now this was worth finding, Jan. Excellent job. Way to look into the three dimensional "box" of the topic and take me/the reader, to place, a perspective, I never would have seen if not for you. Great story telling and writing to match. Very impressive!!!! This one is a keeper. God bless.
08/30/06
OK, I can't even believe I'm admitting this, but I had to look up what hyssop was. LOL. Now that I know, I have to ask: how did you come up with such an out-of-the-box idea? My ignorance didn't deter me from the story - your writing captivated me throughout. Truly a wonderful, creative piece. Bravo!
08/30/06
I'm speechless . . . this is extraordinarily creative and inspiring. You're a master storyteller, Jan. Blessings on God's work within you!
08/30/06
Wow Jan - this is awesome! What a read. It's one that gives the reader chill bumps all the way through. Perfect.
08/30/06
Oh my! This gave me goosebumps and quickened by pulse. If I was giving out DAVEYs this week you would get a gold chia pet at the very least! How did you come up with the name Hussopo? Loved every line!

08/31/06
For the longest time throughout your piece, I was convinced that Hussopos was the Christ Messiah! Beautiful job of bringing a different perspective on the Cross!