The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1955 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/22/06
This cracks me up, because you and I are probably the only two writers left in existence who actually use pencils and erasers...and I was tickled by the thought that the Almighty is aware of our predicament.

Your list-y paragraphs bothered me at first, but they grew on me, because they really contributed to the wry mood that you gave us at the end. Good job!
06/26/06
Your first paragraph put me off, a little, I admit. Hiding the Almighty way out in "the very depths of time and space" seemed erroneous.

But, I'm glad I kept reading, because you did bring Him "home" at the end.

Also, I love your description of the environment of one creative mind. (It's pretty hard to be both creative and tidy ;) Invest in an executive secretary, and you might have a million-dollar masterpiece hiding under those dirty socks!
Wow. What a description. I really hope clutter isn't a requirement for creativity. lol. I enjoyed reading this. Very creative.
06/26/06
Awesome images. I feel right at home in your clutter . . . my office looks exactly like this. He he!!! Noticed a few punctuation thingies, but I loved your idea and the ending. Great story!
Very creative and a hoot to read!

Your power of description is mighty and a delight to read. I love the way you juxtaposed tangible flotsam with spiritual and mental jetsam in your lists. You effectively set the mood for a great ending.

One nitpick: the last (incomplete)sentence of your first paragraph wants to be awarded its rightful verb, I think.

Altogether a standout piece, Pup!
06/27/06
Clutter? I have you know that I resemble that remark. :-D

Great story. I found many relatable points in this piece. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.
06/27/06
Great description! A very enjoyable read. I liked the simplicity of the beginning and the rhythm throughout the piece. Very well done.
06/27/06
Like the style. You took a risk by cluttering your writing to emphasize the point. I must agree too that I walk into my office everyday and say "I just gotta clean up this place!" And I don't. Nice original work. A DAVEY for best "mad-man's wild grasp for sanity."
06/27/06
I love the flowery opening paragraph, drawing a majestic picture of infinite, almighty God - and then the sudden leap to Him laughing at you (us). A delightful read, as always!
06/27/06
Pup, this is wonderful, what a picture you painted for us!
Delightful!
06/30/06
This is great! I love it! I literally laughed out loud when I read about the eraser. Though for different reasons, I think I've heard God laugh at me, too.
This is priceless! I know God laughs at me too. What's fun is, I end up laughing along. You've described my desk to a T. Thanks for the link;. I enjoyed it.
I love the rambling style - and it all makes perfect sense. Awesome writing, Pup.