The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1930 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/26/06
Whew! Reading that poem was like swimming downstream. The rythmic currents took me all the way to the end and left me sitting, wondering on the river back.

Great job. One of my favs.

05/27/06
This has lyrical flow. A timeless piece.
A poem of true depth and beauty! I like the way you build the progression, from earth's fleeting joys, to sublime heavenly joy, and then!!! The BRIDEGROOM's joy, "Immersing me before His mercy seat." Very strong ending.

Suggestions: Just a little polishing for consistent word order on the "frail" line, and one more line further down where you didn't need the "just' because the rhythm was already tight.

This is one of those pieces that must be eaten slowly and chewed thoroughly to be appreciated for the gem it is!

GREAT BIG CONGRATS, Sharlyn!!! Your gem made EC this week! You're moving faster than the Roadrunner. (BeepBeep!)

06/02/06
Congratulations, Sharlyn! I relish good poetry and this is really fine food for the soul. I'm so happy for you! God bless your writing.
06/02/06
This was beautifully worded Sharlyn. Congratulations on your win.
Just lovely!! Congrats!!! :-)