Previous Challenge Entry (Level 3 - Advanced)
Topic: Inner Strength (04/20/06)
TITLE: The Riddle
By Mary Lang
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
All his life he never knew how his mom would respond, or what off-the-wall question she’d throw out at him. He grinned remembering his dad’s teasing, “She’s a writer. She’s unpredictable. You never know where her mind has been roaming.” In high school she always left him looking for more information when he asked her about history or English, but he knew his grades were better overall because of her tactic.
Until today though, she had never given him riddles to solve. Still, he shouldn’t have been surprised when he read her e-mail response.
Here are my thoughts on your psych class survey question: ‘What quality or trait does one need to live a perfect life?’
First of all, does any human being live a perfect life? Getting that thought out of the way, here’s what I think a person needs to even get close:
Yup, it’s in code, but here are clues:
* Without it you’re unable to exercise your faith.
* Without it you can’t stand up for your religious and moral convictions.
* Without it you lack motivation.
* Without it your dreams stay just dreams.
* Without it you can’t think for yourself, and you become a pawn to people in the world.
* Without it you allow yourself to become a victim.
* You come from a long line of folks who possess it, but it’s up to you to exercise it and make it stronger. Remember the story of how your great-grandfather stood up to some big wigs by getting the townsfolk’s support to revamp the red-light district before the town was incorporated? Great-granddad had what it takes.
Good luck, kiddo. Oh one more little clue, the two words start with your initials. (I’ll call you tonight.)
Smile lots, drive safely! God Bless you real good!
I love you always, MOM”
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.