The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1616 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is just wonderful. You have so accurately portrayed the fulfillment a mother has with her child.
04/14/06
You do a great job with dialog, and the suspense of the missing blanket mirrored the suspense of "take the job or not." Well done!
This was so very sweetly told. Exactly the reason I am a stay-at-home mom. Favorite line: "Maybe its time to let it live in the cedar chest with Mommy’s quilts since it keeps disappearing." I could almost see Marek curled up with his 'B' in Mom and Dad's bed. Loved the repeated refrain of "Wrong again." Really pulled the whole piece together. Thanks for reminding me of why I made the choice I did sixteen or so years ago.
04/15/06
There are lots of things that money can't buy - and this is one of them. Good job.
04/16/06
You conversational parts are well told. The story is very engaging and endearing. Good job!
04/16/06
This beautifully written story shows me just how much I missed; but for some of us there was no choice - either work or starve. But through your story I embraced the thoughts of 'what Might Have Been'...if things had been different. Nice Write and an endearing Read. Thank you.
04/17/06
How many of us were touched as our hearts and memories automatically zoomed back to our own children and their favorite blankets?
This is a precious and well told story with universal appeal. I had to smile, remembering that my 21 year old son's little long ago blanket lies in the cedar chest in the hall this very moment.I just may have to take a peek and a "smell" again. Those times went way too fast.Thanks for a lovely reminder. :0)
04/18/06
Very well written. I was immediately drawn in by the playful game of hide and seek between mother and child. It felt as if I were watching a movie more than reading a story. Loved it!
Bravo - well done! The relationship comes through loud and clear...so endearing. :-)
What an enjoyable story to read. I am not a mother, but the story hit home with me in that I would love to be a SAHM someday. Well done!
04/18/06
I absolutely loved your story. As a mother, I can identify. The dialogue was great and I loved little Merek.
04/19/06
I loved,'...kay-rear'! Too cute!

Welp .. you've done a good job of capturing that deep bond which is priceless.

This could be used as a devotional!
04/20/06
congratulations on your win
04/20/06
Shannon,

Really well done! It is worthy of its accolades and more.

Doug
Great story, Shannon. You painted the picture well. Congratulations!