The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 937 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I LOVE this concept. Control-top pantyhose is certainly an evil device! :) Your wrestling match to get into the hose and the irritation they provoke were a great offset to your serious and well-presented message.

I wasn't crazy about your beginning or the asides at the end. But overall, this is a terrific entry. Thanks!
02/09/06
I like the way you tied in the deeper truths of not being in control, of control being an illusion, with that ridiculous invention - pantyhose. Your title caught my attention and your article kept it. Well done.
02/12/06
I really liked this story. Your analogy was one many women can relate to. Good writing.
Your point is well taken - and the analogy works well. I wonder at the reference to Buddhism...its purpose in the overall message? And the phrase "funnily enough" was used twice - I'm not sure "funnily" is a word where I come from!!! I enjoyed this, and agree that the wrestling match with panty hose may sometimes mirror our own inner heart-and-soul wrestling match with God.
05/02/06
Great stuff. Hope to see more of your work. And if I am assuming correctly you are the other half of a very talenting writing team - Paul's Sara? Blessings on you both.