The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1699 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/05
Very good writing! I liked the descriptions of the trees, and the intensity of the story. It kept my attention till the end. Good job!
Absolutely wonderful from beginning to end. Breathtaking. I smell a winner!
12/16/05
Wow! There are too many sentences to choose from that are so compelling! But here is my favorite. 'The veil is removed from my eyes in an instant, and I wail as if mourning for an only Son. 'Brilliant - Perfect! A story one wants to read again. Beautiful.

12/16/05
Another masterful piece from the Princess of Present Tense! This is just magnificent; thanks so much!
12/16/05
Powerful descriptions indeed! Wow!
12/17/05
This gave me chills -well done!
What comment can I make? This really moved me! I enjoy reading well-crafted description. This was suspenseful and soulful at the same time.
In the twelfth paragraph, I think you meant that the olive trees plead with their Maker.
I expect to see this in the top ranks on Monday!
Thanks for sharing! Blessings!
12/18/05
This was great Christa. I especially appreciated the Jewish names and landscape setting.
How in the world did I miss reading this back in December??? What great storytelling, Crista!! This is truly beautiful in every way. Exquisitely written!
02/15/06
I think you know that this is a home run. You really nailed it! Your descriptions are so strong in this piece.. and you blend in great emotion. Love the imagry. You are, indeed, a master.