The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 352 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/16
good testimony; saw some punctuation errors and sometimes it felt like preaching
01/14/16
Thank you for sharing your testimony. I enjoyed the humor sprinkled throughout.

I thought the ending was weak because it was so predictable and didactic.

Keep writing.
01/15/16
This does feel a bit preachy.
It sounds like you're talking down to the reader. I had an English teacher tell me one time that I tended to be dogmatic in my writing. I had to look up the word. Then I realized that she was right. I think that word describes your writing as well. But I see your passion, and the gift of encouragement in your work. Keep at it.
01/19/16
Thank you for your article, and opening your heart to us. Yes, God deals with us in many different ways that are not so pleasant, but in the end, it usually is the best for us. He gives us time to think and ponder our future. Good job!
01/19/16
Powerful in content and delivery!

Thank you for sharing with us...and God bless~
01/19/16
Embracing change for better or worse was a difficult journey for me. I could relate to this story.

I think the "preachiness" can be resolved by just making it about yourself, in my humble opinion, instead of using "you" so much.

But, like I said, I related to this story and enjoyed reading it.