The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 888 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a powerful and timely reminder. I need it right now as I am worrying and stressing about the wrong things. It's time for me to remember why Jesus came as a new baby those many years ago. Interesting and thought provoking piece.
12/14/13
Wow! Well woven and very powerful!
I love this! I LOVE this! Multiply it times infinity. . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/18/13
WOW!!! This is powerful.

Although I'm not into santa (his name is too much like Satan), isn't there a line in the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" that says, "You better not lie" or Santa will know, and you won't get what you want for Christmas? Yet the whole santa thing about Christmas is the biggest lie of all. You have portrayed the angst of a mall santa extremely well.

You've also portrayed Feona well. I found myself feeling very sorry for the husband and understanding how a massive heart attack would be on the menu with a witch like her tied to his neck.
12/19/13
Wow, Jack! This is one of my favorites from you! Very thought provoking as well as written with true finesse. Congrats, dear fellow. And merry Christmas to you and yours.
Fantastic! Congratulations on your well-deserved win!

Love & Hugs in, through and because of Jesus, the Christ,

Judi Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
Happy Holydays, beware the holly daze . . .
12/19/13
Wow, what a giant take on the topic. It amazes me how even one of my children, whom I never taught to believe in Santa, believed the "teasing" references other grownups made. She is a believer in Jesus. However, the fact remains: a lie is a lie.

Great job with this and congratulations on your EC.
12/20/13
Excellent as always. Congrats!
01/03/14
Another fabulous and creative piece. Well done!