The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/13
Very interesting article here. I enjoyed the information on elephant poop. Spacing between paragraphs makes it much easier to read, though.

Other than that, I would say a good read and keep writing!
12/13/13
Who could resist that title? Not me! Very interesting and creative take on the topic.

Thank you for taking me on a tour of my own peculiarities, which result in "poopiness". Hey we are wordsmiths, we can make up words.

I like your descriptive way of presenting the quandary. Especially how you got into the boat with the reader and joined the human condition. Rather than just give a "concrete authoritative cure" for the dilemma. You've taught me something.

Just a slight bit of red: Watch your paragraph spacing. I felt a slight let-down at your conclusion, but over-all a great read. Keep up the good work!
Engrossing, humorous and lively! Most enjoyable . . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/16/13
This was a fun read and very informative. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Spacing between paragraphs would make it easier to read, but it is a GREAT read.

Blessings...
12/17/13
I love this line that talks about the elephant poop in our living rooms, "Weirdly, I tend not to notice mine as much as I do yours and vice-versa."
So true. It's easy to see everyone else's problems. This was an interesting take on the topic.
An interesting spin on the topic and a good reminder to deal with the inevitable fall out our elephants cause. :)
You did a great job. I love a good poop story. The metaphor is a great fit.

The one thing I'd encourage you to do is to use dialog. Some interaction between the characters would help develop them more.

You did a great job of tackling the topic in a fresh (no pun intended :-)) and fun way. Your Scripture verses were a great fit. You had a nice strong message without being preachy. Nicely done.
Congratulations on ranking 6th in level three! (The highest rankings can be found on the message Boards.) You did a fine job for your first entry and should be really proud of yourself.

I noticed some comments about the spacing. For some reason, sometimes when people copy and paste it loses the formatting. Always check the preview button before submit. You may need to go back through and manually enter the spaces.

One thing that works for me is to copy it from Word, paste it in my gmail then copy and paste it from email to submission form and it keeps the spaces and I have a copy of my story that I can access if I'm away from my PC or if it were to crash. I always seem to find little typos or errors when I read it in the preview form.

Another trick is to not enter your level or the title in the submission form until you're sure it's just how you want it. That way if you accidentally hit submit before preview it won't go through!

Again congratulations and I look forward to reading more of your work next year.

Oh you may want to pop into the thread Jan's Writing Basics on the forums over the break. She has great suggestions and "homework" for all levels of writers and she'll answer everyone who posts on her thread.