The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1068 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/05
I liked this. You deliver a great message.
The only thing I might change is the "Knock knock knock" part. It detracted from the POV. Other than that small thing, well done!
Blessings, Lynda
11/15/05
Very good storytelling! It was so witty and at the same time sobering in that it demonstrated the struggles some women go through in identifying who they are. I'm glad she chose the beauty of her family over a suit!
Great work! I really identified with your character and loved the way Mandy ministered to her mother so unwittingly. Very real.
You did a good job of portraying very real inner conflict. And yet, what a happy ending! Amazing how our children are so wise sometimes.... :-)
11/18/05
A touching story with a smart message. Mandy has things figured out well. We can learn from our children.
11/20/05
I loved the part where you made me wonder what she was reachin gfor and I laughed when she pulled out the suit!Very cute and so true for so many women..I liked her final choice too.
The part that really stuck in my mind was the power suit and bunny slippers. Really good insight from a young girl. Good message!