The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1098 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/13
Hahahahaha. This was really a delight to read. Loved the ending...I smiled really wide.

Thanks. God bless~
09/12/13
I really enjoyed the folksy humor and your descriptions made me want to go have a pumpkin and cinnamon spiced coffee, even though I live in a hot climate! Great job!
09/13/13
I love all the little details you've included in here. I was sitting outside the tavern with the farmers enjoying pork pie 'n' mushy peas. Yum! You certainly kept me wondering where we were heading but I enjoyed the trip. It worked really well, weaving it around the message at the end. Expert job!
09/14/13
Great story, and I love the way you handled detailing the setting in the intro, nice work.
Our reputation hinges on the bumps in the road. Hmmmmm. Loved the humor and the message.
09/15/13
Loved the folksy humor and message. It was a creative ending and really a pleasure to read.
09/15/13
Your vivid descriptions captivated me and then your storytelling skills heated up the rest for a delicious treat.
09/16/13
I like the subtle approach of how the topic is unfolded in your story. There is very strong imagery, and I like the way how the story unfolded. I also appreciate the message it carries. Lovely job.
09/16/13
I'm glad pumpkins don't grow on trees either. Great story!
09/19/13
Wonderful imagery in this delightful and imaginative story! A powerful truth that our Heavenly Father knows best —and we best stick with His designs! Great job!
I enjoyed the descriptions and pace of the story, very thorough and deliberate. Good writing!
Congratulations on EC for a beautiful piece.
09/19/13
Hey, congratulations Noel, yet again! Great story. I loved it.
09/19/13
Congratulations Noel, on your level and EC wins! I am so glad this imaginative piece got a deserved win!
09/19/13
Congrats Noel on your EC placement. Very much deserved.
09/20/13
Congratulations!

Wing His Words

10/02/13
:) I loved the mental image of pumpkin vines cascading through oak trees with dangling orange orbs. I was thinking of trying this until I finished reading. :) Super work on this story that exalts our Master Designer! Congrats on your Editor's Choice award!