The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1098 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/13
That absolutely took a direction I did not expect at the end — and I love the direction it took! How true that God uses many different voices and methods of delivery to reach people! What may not touch one, is just right for another! Funny, how Jeff spent the whole time thinking the speaker to be narrow minded, when in reality, it was him! But, I am glad Jeff was able to swallow his pride and expand his outlook — in the real world, many never will. I really enjoyed this, it was so well written and with a very powerful message!
07/27/13
Wonderful article, full of truth! This is exactly what we need to realize as we continue to witness to, and pray for, our unsaved friends and family. it's the holy Spirit Who draws all men unto Him, not the cleverness of our own words. When it's time; it's time. I love it!
07/27/13
Beautifully written with a strong message. Thanks for the reminder. Jeff needed to be at that meeting as much as Steve! I smiled at the ending. Excellent.
One of those great "aha!" moments! Enjoyed this very much.

Praise YHWH! Hebrews 10:26-31, Revelation 12:17
This is a great story and a powerful message. I delighted in your sense of humor. Though the ending was a tad predictable (for me the title gave it away) I still could feel the suspense build. I think you did a wonderful job of making your MC feel so real. The message is a great one too. It can be easy to get stuck in a comfortable rut, but God will tug and pull to try and help us out of that self-imposed ditch.
I try not to read other comments so to not influence my opinion, and obviously the ending wasn't predictable to everyone. That shows how the Holy Spirit is using your words to bless people in different ways!
07/30/13
Great message in this engaging story. Reminds me of a story I heard of someone aghast that his neighbors first visit to church was to sit through a sermon from the book of Numbers. As he later bemoaned the fact to his neighbor he was informed that this fellow was so impressed that God had carefully numbered everything that he was going to begin to read the Bible.
God uses the weakness of our assumptions in the most wonderful Divine ways!
07/30/13
PS 'sepulchral tones'
hehehehe
08/01/13
Congratulations on your well deserved HC! I loved this story. Blessings.
08/01/13
Congrats on both an H.C. and the coveted E.C.! Well-deserved!
08/01/13
Congrats Noel! God bless~
08/01/13
Congrats on your EC placing.
08/01/13
CONGRATULATIONS NOEL on your well deserved EC placing!!
08/01/13
Congratulations, Noel, for placing with your entry. Good job -- God bless!
08/01/13
Yay, Noel! Good job on stepping on toes. *smile* (Sometimes we need to be reminded that God can work in ways we never even thought of.)
08/01/13
Yay Noel!
08/01/13
I'm late and it's all been said so I'll just add my congratulations. I never got to do my cock-a-doodle doo did I!
08/01/13
Wonderful message here! Congratulations on your Number 7 spot overall and HC in Level 4. Well Deserved. God bless!
08/14/13
There is much to think about here! Congratulations on your EC for this excellent and engaging story!