The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1771 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Incredibly 'Beautiful'! You're a master storyteller!
11/16/05
Wow..this was so good! What a wonderful reminder of what beauty is. You painted the picture of her in her home so well..I almost wished I could see the next few hours.
I would have liked to attend that ladies' prayer meeting myself! Very well crafted - believable and involving. Good job!
11/20/05
Lovely. Just lovely.
Congratulations on your well-deserved win this week. Kudos to you!
11/21/05
How skewed our concept of beauty. It takes the Bette's of the world, those reflections of Jesus, to put our thougts back on track. Oh, to be transformed, by the renewing of our minds 'til truly they reflect the mind of Christ is all things. Congratulations and thank you, Janet!
11/21/05
I'm sorry I didn't read you until today when you became a winner; and I missed being able to tell you I thought YOU SHOULD be a winner. It was a beautiful story about Beauty...touched me. Congratulations.
11/21/05
Beautiful, Janet! Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. In this case, how wonderful to see Jesus's beauty reflected in Bette's life as well as Bette's beauty seen through your eyes.
11/21/05
What a well written, heartwarming story. Congrats on your well-deserved placement.
11/21/05
I love how you present this message! Touching and absolutely wonderful.
11/21/05
Yes, “Beautiful Like Him” I had to fight back the tears. Congratulations, a Deserve Win on a Beautiful story. Thank you Janet. Helen
01/14/06
Janet, I'm just re-reading the winning entries now as I go through and do the minor editing for the next FaithWriters' Anthology. What a blessing for me to have that job.

With your writing, I guess most of us have become used to the little twist of humor that comes from family life. You do it so well - but this piece has shown that your writing ability is even broader. What a beautiful piece this is - so moving when I assume it is true. What a privilege to include Bette's story in the next anthology.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)