The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 582 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/08/13
This is good. I could feel the fear of the coming storm and the house shaking. I too, go to God when a storm comes. I lived through Ivan in 2004 when an oak tree fell on the house. Talk about praying! Very well done.
06/08/13
This is good! I like it.

My only suggestion, and this may be a personal thing, but the ending feels too.... convenient. While God can definitely speak to people by having their Bible just fall open to an appropriate verse, it usually takes a bit more seeking.

You did a great job over-all, and yes, sometimes God does take drastic measures to get us to focus on Him. :)

06/10/13
Beautiful job with this lovely story. God can do anything, at anytime...so if He wants to speak to you, and get your attention He will. I loved the ending.
And, although I pray to Him for everything, and speak to Him all day long...I most especially get on my knees before a storm and during.

Nicely told, God bless~
06/12/13
That was for me! I love the time lapse involved, when a childhood memory comes back. I think jumps in time can add an extra dynamic that keeps the reader hooked in. Good length too. Strait to the point and no messing around.
Congratulations on ranking 5 in your level and 15 overall. (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)
06/14/13
I can't believe that I was in the top! I can't even believe that I ranked 15th overall. Thanks Shann for the help. Hopefully, you will continue to mentor me - I always need it.