The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1199 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/13
Oh this is a tear-jerker! Thanks for sharing.
01/18/13
I agree Barbara, this has so much emotion in it! I love the way the same story about Jesus’ love that comforted Alyssa—years and settings apart, she uses to comfort her mom. Indeed, how could we measure the comfort the story of Jesus has given to many over the years! Beautifully told story, great job.
01/21/13
One of my favorites---Timeless values taught in a well written story. Thanks for sharing this one.
This is a bittersweet story. You grabbed my heart from the very beginning and kept my attention until the last word. You did a great job of writing on topic while delivering an important message. I know many people will be able to relate to this and in more than just one way. Great job on this well written story.
01/21/13
There is real power in the silent gap between the warm energetic interaction of your intro and the pain of your close, which is a very skilful bridge into the minds of your readers. Great work which should relate well.
01/21/13
Click pause and rewind... For "relate well," please substitute "rate well." Resume review.....
01/22/13
Excellent job! I totally agree with the other commenters and congratulate you on a real winner. I just loved this entry!
Congratulations on ranking 7th in level 3 and 37 overall!
01/26/13
This is such a tender and touching story. It brought tears to my eyes at the end. Even though the mother didn't recognize the daughter, the daughter still brought comfort into the mother's life.

Thank you for taking the time to read everyone's poems and stories. This means a lot to mean.

02/05/13
The end is very surprising. Having worked in a nursing home, I can understand the feeling of the daughter, having seen it on many visiting children's faces. This is honest, and sad, but still hopeful.