The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1461 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Though I'm not usually a big title reader, this one caught my eye and left me feeling intrigued. I think you did an excellent job of painting a lovely picture of what the hereafter may very well be like. I loved the idea of singing tress and though while hear on earth and I have a hard time telling if one is singing off tune or doing a delightful job of harmonizing, I have a feeling that won't be a problem for me in Heaven. I think it was quite clever to speculate about how Lazarus must have felt. You did a nice job of imaging it while still bringing in a touch of the topic. One probably would expect to find irritation in Heaven but if one is told to go back to earth I can definitely see how one might become irritated. I truly enjoyed this piece.
11/16/12
Oh, this is good. I love it! *snickers* I love the ending. Yes, I think I'd be quite irritated if I had to leave heaven also.
11/16/12
And I'm so glad that you did 'give it a try.' I've packed my weekend bag already.

This is truly captivating. I love every descriptive word you've used to build up this breathtakingly beautiful picture of paradise. The colours, sounds and songs. The rythm of life pulsating through the forest. I can imagine these words being spoken to music at a relaxation therapy session. (Oh dear, that's brought me down to earth with a bump!)

This is a unique and creative way of looking at the story of Lazarus. Excellent work!
On behalf of Martha and Mary - you are so naughty!
On behalf of Lazarus - I know just how you feel about being called away.
Looked for it and like it. (Even the each that needs an r.) Good imaginative writing. God bless you.
11/18/12
LOVE this one. Adored the moment when I "got it." One of my favorites.
11/18/12
Great title! Poor Lazarus, first he dies, then he's summoned back to earth. I think you've characterized his feelings well, first of leaving heaven, then concerning his two sisters. :) I'm one who likes to imagine what "God has prepared" too. And I enjoy the thought that it will be better than any thing I could dream or imagine. :) About the "tree music," we sang "The Trees of the Field" this morning. Our Sunday School kids love it (3X and faster each time). This is a great entry. I hope it does well.
11/19/12
Great work! Your imaginative description of heaven is wonderfully done. It took a while to realize that what was happening, but then it all made sense, very well. The poor old sisters get a bit of a 'beating' though. I wonder what Laz was like - I suspect, a bit of a pain in the neck to his sisters. Let's hear their voices next! Well done!
11/19/12
I always look forward to anything you write but this has got the be about the best yet! I was in suspense up until the end though I should have remembered the sisters a little better. Thank you so much for this piece, I thouroughly enjoyed it. Great WRiting!

God Bless, Lynn
11/20/12
Okay, I loved this sequel to last week's story! :) Your pictures of heaven were magnificent, and I especially liked this line: "Can words fully describe a visible, surging radiance of love and compassion that washes across the sky and sidles up to caress you with freshness when you least expect it?" The piece had subtle humor, intriguing imagination, and delightful descriptions! In Lazarus's place, I wouldn't have wanted to leave either! :) Great job!
11/22/12
CONGRATULATIONS Mr Mitaxa. This is by far your best one ever! One more next week for a hat trick.
11/22/12
Wow! Congrats again! God Bless~
11/22/12
Hmmm, I wonder how many EC's this makes for you? :) I was so very pleased to see this on the EC list. Congrats, friend!
11/22/12
Congratulations, Noel!
This is a masterpiece; you have outdone yourself.

Wing His Words!
Congratulations. You really deserve this.
Congratulations. It is a well deserved win.
Congratulations. It is a well deserved win.
Congratulations. It is a well deserved win.
Congratulations. It is a well deserved win.
Congratulations. It is a well deserved win.
11/23/12
Congratulations on your win! My husband and I have often commented on how Lazarus must have been really upset about having to come back after being in heaven.

Your depiction of this was incredible! A well deserved win.
11/24/12
I thoroughly enjoyed your clever sequel to last weeks entry. Well done!Congratulations on your win.
11/24/12
Fantabulously descriptive and oh-so beautifully written! Congrats on your win and E.C. You have made me long for Heaven this morning!
11/26/12
Congratulations Noel on your win in 'Advanced' and your 3rd place in EC. Both are well-deserved!
11/26/12
CONGRATULATIONS!! I just knew this story was destined for the winners' circle!! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
Noel, just now getting a chance to catch up on what's happening here at FW's. So happy to see this EC for you - your writing style (ideas, imagination,etc.)continue to unfold and it's a joy to see. Keep it up...and don't you move up to Masters now? Your work sure deserves to be there!
Loren
12/23/21
Wow. An intriguing beginning and then the most beautiful imagining of heaven. Wonderful job you have a real gift of bringing stories and back stories of the Bible to life.