The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1090 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This ending is so perfect. You do a nice job of introducing the characters and making them feel like people I know. So many have written about Church Dinners this quarter that is just shows what a perfect time it is to invite others to come to service and a chance to have a faith-lift. You did a good job showing that with such fitting verses.You brought us full circle.
08/03/12
Nice job! I love the line: nothing is sweeter than His Word. It's the most savory food in the entire room. Soooo true and it's not got too many calories to enjoy in abundance. No one will be allergic to it either. Good idea to connect the food in the Word with the delicious feast at the tables. Thanks for the timely reminder!

08/06/12
Such a wonderful conclusion that is supported so well by the piece that preceded it. This flowed so well and I liked the build up I felt as the MC got closer and closer to the food. The word pictures you painted were very vivid. Nicely done!
08/08/12
I could almost smell and taste all that good food, you made this come so alive. I absolutely loved the ending. Great writing and an easy, enjoyable read. God bless!
08/09/12
An interesting thought that is totally appropriate and on topic. A nicely written piece.
08/09/12
You activated my taste buds for sure. Very descriptive and thought-provoking workd. (A very minor, nit-picking point relates to the speaker's "gesticulations," when "gestures" would carry a greater sense of control. But then us preachers are hard to please:-( )
But otherwise excellent