The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/12
This is a really good message and is thought-provoking. I like the way you talk about us being the salt and savor in our world.
08/03/12
I loved the entire analogy about Jesus tying into the topic at hand.

This was an enjoyable and creative, and well-written. I knew exactly what you are talking about having hailed originally from NYC. I worked in the twin towers in the seventies, to see it as "Ground Zero" was and is painful.

Loved this descriptive piece that held a prolific message for each of us.

Thank you. God Bless~
This is a thought-provoking devotional. You did a nice job using it as an allegory to fit the topic, yet still be original with a good message. Sometimes, the writer or MC can come off as being preachy or sanctimonious. However, by sharing your personal story and using first person instead of second person (you) were able to draw the reader in and not come off preachy at all but as a humble and loving disciple. Nice job.
08/08/12
So well written and one of my favorites. This speaks volumes to our spirit. I love the descriptions of downtown NYC. Good job. God bless!
08/09/12
The differing standards of what's considered acceptable today which used to be inappropriate or unbecoming show clearly the need for our tasteless world to be spiced up again. A nicely written piece and closing prayer. God bless.
08/10/12
I enjoyed strolling along through lower Manhattan with you, and the bridge into your exhortation for us to flavour our world was absolutely terrific. Well done my friend.
What an amazing command you have of the English. More important, what grasp of our problem and its solution. I'm always asking what I can do to make a difference, but I wonder am I listening? Lazy by nature, I seem often to take the easy way out. I want to be more like Jesus.