The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 702 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
A poignant story that reflected on so many things. Faith, family, hope...and touched on a real situation, how many individuals are waiting for viable donors.

Thank you for this entry.

God bless~
Wow this is a powerful story and told in a way that only someone who has spent Christmas in the hospital would understand. This year I was devastated to be admitted to "my" hospital on Christmas eve because my oldest is getting married in October and my son is going to the Seminary. This would have likely been my last Christmas with all my kids there on Christmas morning. I pleaded with the doctor and almost signed out AMA. Then I realized how worse other people had it. My family brought all the presents down Christmas morning and though it wasn't traditional it was one of the special Christmas ever. Your story reminds me of how God can take a challenge and turn it into something spectacular. I know tons of people were praying and oh what power prayer can hold. Many people will be able to appreciate the little things in life so much more thanks to your story.
07/22/12
Hmm.... I think I may know who wrote this one... Nice job. I enjoyed it.
07/23/12
This is a story that has both joy and sadness. Well done. I enjoyed it.
07/23/12
This was special! I'm going to bookmark it and leave myself a note reminding me to re-read it around Christmas. This is a wonderful Christmas story about keeping the true spirit of that special season alive even under challenging circumstances. Wonderful writting!
07/25/12
What a tender, sad yet heartwarming story. Good job! God bless!
07/27/12
This is a beautiful tale. It speaks of selflessness and the way small acts can boost so many people. I can't imagine spending Christmas in hospital, especially not in such scary circumstances. But perhaps this year I could spare even a small thought for those who are faced with this reality, and do whatever I can to bring a smile to their faces. Thank you so much for sharing this. Blessings.