The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1626 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/17/12
Wow - This was a super fabulous entry! At first I didn't realize it was biblical times. I truly thought is was a child killed by a "stray bullet" or such. I was so surprised at the ending that is was Judas! Such a good job with what Judas' mother would be thinking, and going through.

It held my attentin, it made my heart sad for the grieving mother. And, it shocked me at the end. All elements of a "great writer."


Excellent job. Loved it.

God bless~
05/17/12
Wow - This was a super fabulous entry! At first I didn't realize it was biblical times. I truly thought it was a child killed by a "stray bullet" or such. I was so surprised at the ending that is was Judas! Such a good job with what Judas' mother would be thinking, and going through.

It held my attention, it made my heart sad for the grieving mother. And, it shocked me at the end. All elements of a "great writer."


Excellent job. Loved it.

God bless~
05/19/12
Terrific title for the article. I was reading this with a friend and we both thought it was Jesus. You should have heard us blurt out "Judas! She really got us." when we came to the revealing line. Super job taking the POV of his mother. I need to consider these folks and how events might have affected them when I read the Bible. Thanks for using this article to point me in that direction.
05/19/12
This is a very good read! You kept me in the dark 'til the very end, but it was a great ending. Good take on the topic and well written.
05/19/12
As I read the ending to your wonderful entry, I realized just why you are in the Advanced level of the Challenge. This took me totally by surprise. Excellent entry!
05/20/12
Great take and a really surprise twist -- wow! This was a fun read.
05/22/12
Great story and great writing. Like the others, I thought towards the end it would be Jesus, and was surprised it was Judas. Good job. God bless!
05/23/12
A great piece of writing. I, like others, thought it was about Jesus till it was revealed otherwise. Very thought-provoking.
05/23/12
I'm sorry, I have to tell you that I knew it was Jesus all the time. What? No way!

I had to go back and read that word 'Judas' three times. And then I had to reread the entire story. Excellent.

The early middle struggled for me a little; I think because the ''tis to swallow' sentence seemed out of character to the other dialog. But I can't be sure.

Loved the point of view and it made me think more about the suffering of people because of someone else's behavior.

Thank you.
05/23/12
Very thought provoking - two people, similar ways of being brought up but two very different outcomes (it could be that Judas was like you say). Got me to thinking about Hitler and his upbringing and his mum's thoughts and aspirations for her lad.
Good meaningful writing that gets you thinking!

05/23/12
This was simply awesome! I too was thinking it was Jesus and was totally blown away by the twist at the end. It was so creative and well crafted - I truly did not see it coming. Excellent piece of writing!
05/24/12
Yay, Shann! Isn't this the second HC for you in a few weeks? You did good. Congrats.
Congrats on your EC! This was a very well written story and so deserving of the award. That surprise at the end was awesome! Well done!
05/24/12
Not all wrongdoings can be blown over through time, for there are exceptions that go down in history. It is truly grievous to see one's own child turning bad to go the wrong path. You have captured in your story the reality which still happens today. Great job on a well written piece.
05/24/12
I LOVED THIS ENTRY!!!
Congratulations! Nicely done. God Bless~
05/24/12
Hey Shann, it's time for you to receive some congratulations, instead of always giving it to the rest of us. You kept me guessing right through about time and location: starting off around now, before I also thought it was Jesus, but Judas! Oh wow! Beautiful depiction of family pain, for someone whose name will never gain any popularity.
05/24/12
You crafted a wonderful piece! The two women shared serious moments just as friends would. The surprise ending took this reader by surprise! Congratulations for your Winner's Circle entry.

Wing His Words!
05/24/12
Brilliant! I anticipated a twist somewhere, but I didn't begin to guess what it was until Mary mentioned helping others and the government not liking it in the same sentence. And even then I thought it was Jesus! Especially after the 33 years part.

Awesome modern-day twist on a two-thousand year old story!

Congrats on yet another Highly Commended piece!
05/24/12
Yay Shann! Congrats! I'm so happy this entry placed. Loved it!
You had me right from the start. The first name that popped into my head was John Lennon but I knew his mother was not around. It had such a modern feel, well done. Congrats.
05/25/12
I am in agreement with all those comments up there. A well thought out tale with a surprise twist. Great stuff! Congratulations on your win!
At first I thought you were telling of Jesus' death, imagine my surprise as I continued to read to discover it was about Judas! This was an amazing story. Excellent!
05/29/12
Hi my friend! Popped in for a visit to find you are still writing up a storm. Congrats on this lovely piece. I've always loved a good twist and this was right up there with the best of them!