The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/12
This is so good. I love the title, I think it ties in with the pace of the poem beautifully. The repetition of the line "Don't look back, look up" - at first I just skimmed over that line in each stanza, and then suddenly - my epiphany!
Repetition is so important, constantly being reminded to come back to the cross, to keep looking at Christ, every day, every hour, every minute if necessary we must remind ourselves of whose we are, and the freedom we have in Christ.
I really needed to read this today, such a simple poem but so incredibly powerful. Thank you, and well done. XO
Loved the cadence of this. Really loved it! We need to hear it so often because that's how often we do look back and we forget to look up. GOD IS GOOD!
04/28/12
Nicely done, nicely told, nicely said. Beautiful message. Thank you.

God Bless~
Wonderful word choices - I wanted you to continue on right through the alphabet. Just great to read. Thankyou
04/30/12
This was a wonderful piece and a tied well to the topic. I agree the cadance of the poem worked so well and the word choices really led the reader on a simple but profound journey.

Well done!
"There is no heart too hard for God to soften." This line made me pause and reflect. I've often thought or at least acted the opposite, limiting what God could do to what I can do...Nice job, and I applaud you for taking on poetry successfully.
04/30/12
I'm no expert on poetry, for sure, so I'm not anymore qualified to comment on it than I am to write it, but I'll tell you what I liked about this piece: the rhythm and the subtlety. It's funny, but the poem comes across like it's message is obvious, but there are so many little gems hidden within that as you re-read it you begin to find layers of meaning underneath. Kind of a cadence of meanings that supports the rhythm and pace of the poem itself. Again, I don't know much about how you structure a poem, but I know this caught me up. So I'll say great job!
04/30/12
I don't know know that much about poems, I just know what I like..and...I certainly "like" this one.

God's redemptive story, told in any genre is always powerful!

This may be your first poem, but I certainly hope it's not your last poem.

Very well done!
05/01/12
Well, my dear, looks like this won't be your last poem! Nicely written!
05/01/12
I would have never guessed that this is your first poem ... so well done! You should totally write more. :) Great message here.

A little hint: You don't have to include word count on your stories. As long as it's within the word limit it won't be turned down.

Great job on this! Hope to read more from you.
05/02/12
Wonderfully written. Good job! God bless!
05/02/12
That definitely should not be your last....excellent and I would like to read more of your poems...I loved it, especially the part about there is no place too dark for God's light to shine through.
05/02/12
That definitely should not be your last....excellent and I would like to read more of your poems...I loved it, especially the part about there is no place too dark for God's light to shine through.
05/02/12
That definitely should not be your last....excellent and I would like to read more of your poems...I loved it, especially the part about there is no place too dark for God's light to shine through.
05/03/12
I thought this was very well structured with a great message; and I don't even know what 'well structured' really means.

I really enjoyed reading this several times.
Wow, this is so much power in so few words. The repetition really broght the message home. Don't look back Look up is a mantra I need to familiarize myself with!
I just read what you wrote when you tossed a brick. I hope this isn't your last attempt at poetry. Though it isn't my favorite genre you really touched my heart.