The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1258 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/12
A lesson well learned and well written.
Oh I so can relate as I once was a homeschool parent too on a budget.:) This was humor with sweetness and a bit of greasy salted bliss with catsup, hold the pickles.:) I loved your honesty and the outcome was a lesson to remember.:)Well done!
I appreciated your openness with the children. Strong beginning and ending for a well-written embarrassment.
Really liked this - brought back memories of my homeschooling days. I appreciated your heart in the matter. Good balance between 'choices' and facts.
It would definitely be hard smelling french fries every trip to music lessons (they are a weakness of mine). :) I loved the line about "can't afford" being different than "wise choices." So true!
01/21/12
Great story...amusing how God seemed to have the other children come with bag lunches that day. Kicker too is the MC’s (or your) children were eating healthier than the fast food stuff, as well as being more economical. More expensive and tempting is certainly not always better in many ways. The last line made me laugh, as I can’t stand fast food fries, to me they have about as much taste as I would imagine cardboard has. Great lesson here and a great read!
01/23/12
Enjoy this story of keeping up with the neighbours. A minor typo in the penultimate paragraph a double the!

Interesting writing!
01/24/12
This was so familiar to me - I was a homeschooled minister's daughter, and I had plenty of sack lunches with the smell of fries in my nostrils. Great idea for this prompt.