The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1447 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like your double meaning of "election". Am wondering if this is a true story? Illustrates what we see in our culture with Tim Tebow's overt proclamation of Christ and how people either love him or hate him (personally, I think he is great!). There is often a price to pay for declaring our commitment to Christ, as you have shown in your story.
01/13/12
Nice story. I especially like the ending where the character proclaimed what was in his heart - regardless if elected or not.
01/13/12
Beautiful job with this! Profound commentary on society today.

I loved the ending...Nice job and good story.

God Bless~
01/13/12
Well done. A very timely article, in light of this being an election year. The subject of committment and the cost there of was well addressed. The piece held my attention and I enjoyed the first person style. You were missing a comma here and there; but other than that---well done!
01/17/12
Loved the story, loved the message. I enjoyed your phrasing, and felt you nailed the description of a hallow life filled with 'plastic adoration.'
01/19/12
Wow! This really engages the reader. I, too, wondered if it was a true story! Commitment usually costs us something - time, emotions, etc, but it cost your MC an election. Good writing! God bless!
01/19/12
An excellent piece and an enjoyable read. The last sentence in your story speaks it all. True to what you have written, I know of several public figures who lose their votes or popularity when they declare their faith publicly. This may be a sacrifice to some, but the value of knowing Christ Jesus as Lord far outweighs everything else (Philippians 3:7-8). Here's a message well conveyed for all of us to examine where our commitment lies. Well done!