The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1156 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Heart-gripping description going on here! Since I'm deathly afraid of bears, the MC should get a medal of honor, in my book. Great picture of commitment. Not sure if you meant this as an allegory, but that's how I personally interpreted it - God carrying His wounded and weary child safely home. Beautiful.
Oh, and love the title!
01/13/12
Nice job! Wow - a lot going on here...Powerfully written, I enjoyed this.
God Bless~
01/13/12
Very nice piece of writing and a gripping read. The story is well constructed. Nice work!
01/13/12
Lovely piece. Good job and God bless!
01/15/12
Wow, what a commitment. I love all the hints you worked in along the way about the bear. It makes me want to read it all over again from the beginning.
01/16/12
WOW! Masterfully written engrossing story! Awesome job!
01/18/12
Powerfully descriptive and so loaded with suspense that I could hardly bear it. Strong portrayal of the moods and determination of your MC. Great writing.
01/19/12
Wow! I could hardly wait to get to the end to see what happened! Great writing! God bless!
01/19/12
A moving story. The expression used in reference to Psalm 121:1 "I looked to the hills. Where was my help?" is totally appropriate. Though the MC may not realize, his prayer "Just this once, Lord" had been answered when he joined the land of the living after going through all the difficulties in bringing the girl of his dreams back. An answered prayer may not always turn out the way we hope, but 'til we're there, we can be sure God is with us all the way. Excellent piece of writing. God bless.
Congratulations for ranking 7th in level three!
This is such a beautiful story. It gave me chills. It took me a bit to get into it, but I am so glad I kept reading.