The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/16/11
Beautifully written! David, one of my favorites in the O.T. Thanks for this wonderful prose. God bless!
This is so lovely. It was very clever to put in so many stories of the Bible. I'll admit poetry is often over my head but I had a hard time seeing the topic in this lovely praise piece. I could hear it set to music and reminds me of the Psalms.
09/17/11
Nicely done! God Bless~
09/18/11
This is beautiful, lyrical, and words well chosen. A gentle and well told song of David. Well done.
09/18/11
This could have indeed been a love and praise song from David to God! Beautifully written!! I like how you show within the lines, circumstances where David rushed in to attempt things that those seen as wiser and more experienced than him would not dare to attempt! I really enjoyed this lovely read!
09/18/11
Oh, this is very good. Sounds like a modern day Psalm, as others have mentioned.
I enjoyed your lovely "psalm." I felt as though I was reading the Bible. I,too, have a difficult time associating the piece with the topic but it is a well-written song of praise.
09/18/11
I see the topic in this piece quite clearly...David's life epitomized it as he repeatedly found himself in dangerous places and situations (lions, bears, giant etc)that any wise person would not choose. Aside from that it is a lovely song of praise to the Lord showing thanksgiving for His divine protection through it all.
09/20/11
So many psalms and vignettes from David's life echo through this piece of evocative reflection. Beautifully done.
09/20/11
Absolutely lovely! The word choices and the cadence are just beautiful.
09/21/11
This is a truly beautiful piece. I enjoyed reading every word!
Keep writing
God bless!
Congratulations for ranking 7th in level 3.