The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 554 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an interesting POV. I liked your first paragraph analogy. I'm not sure everyone will agree with you but I applaud your courage for stating what you believe. I may just be fortunate in the church that I attend. It is true that we do need to hear more than Jesus Saves, but that is definitely the point of Christianity. We are not worthy of Heaven on our own. It is only through Jesus that we will enter the gates. But we do have to develop a relationship with Him and try to live a good life and truly repent of our sins. Many religions only use parts of the Bible in their teachings and as you stated it is important that we read, study and understand it all.
09/09/11
AMEN! I couldn't have written it any clearer than this...A fantastic and true message of today portraying especially, some of the preachers of today.

People should realize that the bible is the "connection and love letter from our Father" and it is through this, and learning and sharing an intimate relationship with our God is the way to connect into His heart; and the only way to go. Not piece meal of one or two lines on a sunday and that is it.

I loved this! Excellent. God bless~
09/10/11
Some of these televangelists do indeed seems as snake oil salesman, cherry picking only certain parts of the bible to harp on. That is why it is so important for us to read and study the bible ourselves, asking the Holy Spirit for understanding, so that we may not be deceived. Lots of food for thought in your presentation! Thank you!