The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1251 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Delightfully told with a reminder to be ready always, not only for the final checkout but for those unexpected moments in life that keep us on our toes. A fun read with a pertinent message.
06/17/11
Your passion for preaching and your talent for writing both shine here,
blending into entertaining, amusing perfection to deliver some powerful spiritual truths!
Great job! Loved the read!
06/17/11
Your creative "trialogue" makes sense and your philosophy "If you can't remember what you have to say before you've said it: how can you expect them to remember is after you've said it?" bought a smile. That's quite a tongue-twister. :) I would have liked to have seen your congregation's reaction to the "mere filament of his imagination," too. :) You've had the most fascinating people as part of your congregations. When I read your soft-spoken Bob's "And I was pleased," -- I think my reaction mirrored your flocks.
If this is just a sample, I know I'd love to hear you preach. Your passion for the Lord, your love for your congregation, and your delightful sense of humor contribute to your success as a minister and as a writer.
06/18/11
I, too, would love to be a part of your congregation! This was a delightful read. Well done.
06/18/11
I would love to be in your congregation sometime!) Loved this!
06/18/11
Me too. I'd love to be a member of your congregation. Could we get a bus trip organised? I'm in full agreement with all those above comments and I especially liked your clever title. By that alone I would have known it was you! Great piece. Keep 'em coming!
06/18/11
Noel can you teach me how to take the mess out of message please?

Danielle, do you think that bus to Noel's church could leave from Europe, I would like to come and hear as well.

Well done Noel, I enjoyed the read. I am also into 'trialogue'. Anyhow well done and God bless. Cheers Kel
Delightful read and well-written.
I would rather hear a spontaneous message rather than a prewritten one. Your congregation is blessed to have you as their minister.
06/19/11
Love, love, love pastors and pastoral stories. This was well written, entertaining and delightful. A definite favorite. God bless!
06/19/11
Great behind the scenes story. I love how you presented it and how you showed us the hearts of your congregation. I really thought that you opened it up for others to share, you were going to tell us about how that was a mistake (I've heard other pastors say to avoid that at all costs), but I love that you didn't have that experience, that you saw God at work in those moments. Great piece!
06/21/11
As a pastor's kid, I've witnessed my fair share of pulpit bloopers and appreciate them greatly. Thanks for the fun read!
06/22/11
God is always in control! He alone knows when our final checkout will be. Well written and an excellent piece. I enjoyed the voice of the MC and the spontaneity of how the whole story is relayed.
06/23/11
I teach public speaking and I try to instill in my students many of the principles you expressed so well. But they don't get to ask the audience to tell stories too. Preaching is a very special form of public speaking. Too bad not all my students can depend on the Holy Spirit to see them through.