The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 960 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/11
Oh this is a gem! Very cleverly written; I love the dialogue throughout, the way you built up the sense of foreboding, and the twist at the end - awesome! Well done!
06/17/11
Ah...how sweet! I love romantic endings. This kept my interest throughout. God bless!
06/17/11
Thanks for trip back to that Eagles' classic, and for a far less menacing close... Well done.
06/17/11
I don’t know if I would have liked the surprise of being made feel I was in Hotel California, ring or no ring! LOL LOL I know the Eagles always denied the song referred to the hotel purchased by Anton LaVey and turned into the Church of Satan, but that is always what I felt when I heard the song!

But this story was a totally captivating and entertaining read beginning to end! Gave sufficient chill and creepy sensations as the similarities to Hotel California began to pile up, to keep you glued to the scene…then the fun ending…I THINK?....it never does tell us they got out of there! LOL LOL LOL
Thank God you placed the scripture at the end to ease my mind! LOL LOL LOL

Terrific job on this!!!!!
06/20/11
I love this line: "A feeling somewhere north of irritation and south of alarm"
06/20/11
Oh the Eagles and the memories that they bring up.

I was anxious reading this and just wanted to skip the middle and rush to the end to find out why she could not leave.

Fun story, well done. Cheers Kel
Oh, this is so good- scary, creepy, full of tension and suspense and a charming wonderful ending! The only thing missing was a box of dark choclate truffles,lol, need I hint how much I love those things?:)) Great piece hon! Love it.
Congratulations on your 3rd place win.
06/23/11
This one was so unique, congratulations! Deserved win!
06/23/11
Congratulations on your 3rd placing.
07/04/11
What a fun twist of events. I could have never predicted the story's ending. Congratulations on 3rd place.