The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1526 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/11/11
I long to always wear God's love-colored glasses too! Good job! God bless!
06/12/11
First, I offer a couple of format suggestions: Might you consider this poem being presented split into different stanzas of quatrains? (8, I believe) I think it would have improved flow and vision and power of your words. It would allow the reader to linger on the vision and thoughts of one stanza, allow a breath taken if you will, before being entering the next, instead of being visually rushed along in the free form you presented it in. (which BTW, each stanza deserved that lingering as you had so much visual delight worded into each!)

Also, consider omitting the capital of each line, it is no longer common practice, and the capital compels the reader to pause at each line, when you don’t necessarily desire a pause.

Now on to the poem‘s content and flow…it is WONDERFUL! The poem’s rhythm flowed and the rhyme did not seem at all forced! The message and vision of your poem was terrific, playing the two outlooks of the women off of each other, comparing the results of their actions! Fit the challenge word to a T, and just had so much wisdom presented in delightful word pictures to show its message! Just terrific job there!!!
06/12/11
I have to agree with Linda on just about all counts. The flow of this work of poetry is awesome. It reads like a piece of art. As a person who doesn't read a lot of poetry, though, I definitely could have benefited from a little more structure to the format. Not that I'm saying it's necessary - because the writing definitely stands on its own as masterful, but that it would help me to, as Linda put it, to linger a little longer on each of your brilliant pictures.

Thanks for writing this!
06/12/11
I have to agree with Linda on just about all counts. The flow of this work of poetry is awesome. It reads like a piece of art. As a person who doesn't read a lot of poetry, though, I definitely could have benefited from a little more structure to the format. Not that I'm saying it's necessary - because the writing definitely stands on its own as masterful, but that it would help me to, as Linda put it, to linger a little longer on each of your brilliant pictures.

Thanks for writing this!
Congrats hon. This is a beautiful poem! Holy Spirit inspired. God bless!
Congratulations on your well-deserved 1st place win in level 3 and 9th place EC win.
Sorry, I meant to say 10th place instead of 9th.
06/16/11
Congratulations on your EC!
06/16/11
Congratulations Jody!! This is excellent work, I love it!
06/16/11
Lovely and poignant!
06/17/11
Congratulations Jody on your 1st place win! I had loved this poem when I first read it and your win is so well deserved!
06/18/11
There is so much truth in this poem - thanks for the reminder that faith opens the door to wonderful adventures.