The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1237 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/14/11
I love the element of suspense in this piece -- and the payoff in perspective.
04/17/11
I don't know how to say it any better than Sydney did, but this was profound for me. Sometimes we know we need perspective and go off in search of it, but, even then, we put it on our schedule. How sad indeed.
04/18/11
I can only echo the comments before me.

What we find sometimes so surpasses what we seek, God so elevates our superficial perspective, that all we can do is weep before Him…
your picture of that was so clear, this evoked that need to weep!
I was holding my breaths I could feel the tension in the air, the laughter of the children rang in my ears, then the threat of death that had killed family and whole villages Great job in pulling all kinds of emotion from me.
04/20/11
Powerful writing! We are so blessed...and privileged, yet we murmur and complain over such trivial things. Very soul searching piece. Thanks for sharing! God bless!
04/21/11
Yew drew me in with this descriptive, colourful and ultimately inspiring piece.
Beauty and warmth out of tragedy, so evocatively expressed.
Congratulations for placing 9th in level three!