The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1394 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/11
This is a good example of why we shouldn't always rely on other's (or our own) judgement about our talents.:)

To me, the sound words (splash, bang, etc.) detracted from the entry a bit, and you wrote the rest of the story well enough, that some of the sounds were assumed, and would have been just fine without them.

Loved the ending!
03/09/11
Art is an individual, unique thing. I like this. Thank you.
03/10/11
Congrats on your 1st place in Advanced! Lots of fun similes--favorites of mine were "settled on her chest like a can of rotten tomatoes" & "all I caught were flounders." Nice message too about seeking our strength in the Lord & not in men.
03/10/11
The humor in this piece lends to a very well-portrayed lesson. I think the line about a one-time dip not being enough is very powerful. I've learned that sometimes when God teaches us a lesson, He'll often bring it back over and over and over again. You're so right ... once isn't enough. We have to soak in it.

Congrats on your winnings for this wonderful entry!
03/10/11
Great voice in this story. Congratulations on your EC!
03/10/11
Congrats on your 1st (and 5th!) place wins this week!
03/10/11
Super dittos on your 1st place win. A wonderful Christian message for those of us who always want to take a "quick dip."
03/15/11
Congratulations on a well deserved 1st place. I liked the MCs dialogue. Art like writing is so... subjective. I am so glad I got to Soak it all in.