The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 925 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/11
Very, very interesting and well written. Grandma was quite a lady!

I love what your Grandma said; there is so much wisdom and comfort in it. Just as well too, because sometimes, just when we think we have it worked out, our Father throws another path on our roadmap like He has with you.

Sometimes, the Father’s instructions don’t make sense at the time, but they are always for our benefit, and for His glory.

You have a lot of changes happening Chrissy; big moves too. Thank you for reminding us through your own life, that God is in control ALL the time. :-)
01/22/11
Good writing in my book. I like your grandma's formula. Plan to mix up some of my own. Blessings
I really loved this, Chrissy! The beginning/opening was top notch and Grandmother's recipe was true enjoyment. A very encouraging entry; one I enjoyed every word of. Great job.
01/22/11
What an awesome legacy your grandma left you and you passed on to us. Nice job!
Moving is never fun but everywhere I moved I made new friends and didn't lose any of the old ones. If we write what we know about, just think of all the new material you will soon have. Best wishes for delightful new experiences.
It sounds like your Grandma was very wise. I enjoyed this devotion and would guess you are more ready to embrace your next season than you think!
01/24/11
Oh for more of Grandmother's wisdom. I loved reading of your Grandmother's. I also love that verse from Daniel… It's so comforting and full of hope. Your message wrapped around me like one of Grandma's warm blankets.
01/24/11
Wonderful writing and a wonderful message. The "recipe" is a delight. Lovely!
Love the recipe! Good attitude going into this new season. Will be praying that God brings unexpected blessings.
01/24/11
Grandma's recipe is a good one for all the seasons of our life. Thanks for sharing her wisdom with us!
I think I would have loved to know your grandma. This works very well as a devotional.
01/26/11
I understand the feeling very well about the sudden multiple changes that sometimes interrupt our lives, because I am going through lots of changes for the past many months. Yes, I've been hurled into directions I do not expect and I am still struggling to adapt.

Your grandma's advice is good. If we must serve up something different, we certainly need different ingredients. Thank you for sharing this. I certainly need to be an open vessel for God to combine the right ingredients.