The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2085 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
What a touching story. A forever reminder of love as it should be. Concerned for the person, not for things. Beautiful.
Thanks for the look into this man's HEART. Liked this: "He longed to model Christ to her...." How we wives long for this kind of forgiveness/love!
What a beautiful story. You captured so well the heart of both the man and his wife: each so hard on themselves and yet so understanding of each other. An emotional piece, beautifully balanced. God bless.
10/12/05
Hmm... I suppose it depends on what type of car it was..... I'm kidding! Nicely put together. Held my attention all the way through. Nice touching conclusion. Very well done.
I got a little confused as to where we were in the story a few times, but I enjoyed this. What a loving, thoughtful husband.
Such an endearingly charming story of a very special love! Well done!
I've had to make that dreaded phone call myself, so I could relate to all her thoughts and feelings. I loved his concern for her and how he checked her pulse. :) I also liked the discription of the "lanky" and "pimple faced" salesman. And being from the US, the word nutter cracks me up every time I see it! Great job!
10/13/05
Having wrecked our car only a few months ago, I must say this guy is a bit of a hero to be so Christlike even if it was a fake rose! But I guess Maxx is right, it does depend on the car...LOL!
10/13/05
Absolutely lovely. This husband is a prince among men!
This one brought me to tears as well! Thanks for sharing!
10/13/05
This is a great, touching story. I was a little confused, too, with your flashbacks. The phone conversation was so realistic - the confusion and relief - well-done!
10/13/05
Sweet, heartwarming story! I love the husband's character traits. :)
This was great! Loved it. Don't change a thing (except perhaps those one or two small typos). Thank you.
10/15/05
Your ending was perfect. The 'copy' won't brown and die and He did 'get it right!' You took us into the heart and mind of another - beautiful!
10/15/05
Lasting love, for better or worse, nicely done!
10/16/05
Despite each other's "mess-ups" they still love each other. A great message that there is no perfect marriage and forgiveness is essential! Good writing, dialogue, flow!
Your story outlines a great example of spirit willing but humanity falling short...we all do it as your characters portray, well drawn...
10/16/05
A very touching story, more husbands and wives should love each other like that.
10/16/05
By showing your main character's mistakes, he becomes even more lovable. This is true Christianity - not his perfectness but his love. Great story!
10/18/05
Val, I just wanted to pop in quickly and let you know that your entry ranked 21st overall - that's out of a total of 145 entries. So well done! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)