The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1332 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Hauntingly beautiful & sad story. Very fitting title. Love the picturesque phrasings. I can see this as a fully-developed novel.
11/06/10
This story had a haunting, sad feel to it - which made it enjoyable. It's a good reminder that even the truth can come packaged in vicious gossip. Great writing!
This story evoked such a wide range of emotion in me. Well done.
11/08/10
This is a well-written story that really affects your emotions. I have been changed a little today, I feel sad for all of your characters. Nice job.
Extremely interesting and well written. I am hoping she returned to their area. I enjoyed this very much.
Great descriptions. The twist of a rumored murderer surprised me. At first I thought it was a love story in the making. Good job!
The warmth of the growing friendships and the subsequent cooling due to the rumors were beautifully described. Wonderfully written, and I particularly loved the comparison to the changing tides.
I enjoyed reading this, but would have liked to get to know the MC, her father, and Rosa better. This would be a great idea for a novel, because then you could bring out their character more fully. Good job!
11/08/10
Absolutely beautiful, so hauntingly woven and so much accomplished within the word count. I really wanted more of this. Awesome!
11/08/10
What can I add to all the other comments. This is such a riveting story line. I could picture every scene and feel every emotion. So very well written.
As an English Lit major, I thoroughly enjoyed this story, thinking as I read it of some of the "Old" Masters, like Dreiser and Cronin. Haunting and absolutely beautiful. Very, very well done.
11/08/10
After reading this I keep wondering, what was in that package? Very well written and suspenseful.
11/09/10
Haunting - I could just hear the melancholy rise of violin music wafting over the tide. I agree - a novel in the making.
11/09/10
A timeless story of what could have been. Well written. Enjoyable.

Mona
How I love 'The Isles of Scilly' as your background. Unspoiled beauty. But at the same time, so isolated and unreachable when the storms come. Mysterious with its rich history of pirates and shipwrecks. A perfect place for your MC to get away from the rumours.... you would think.
Sorry, meant ROSA, not your MC
11/10/10
Lyrical. Lovely.
Congratulations for an EC on this beautifully written piece with the wonderful pictures it places in the reader's mind.
Congratulations on your EC! It's nice to see your name at the top again!
Congratulations on EC and an outstanding entry.