The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 897 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You did a wonderful job with a controversial topic. I enjoyed reading every bit of it.
09/18/10
Wow, what a great topic to develop. I like your early description of the man, particularly the line saying that "no amount of shaving or foundation would cover entirely"
At times I found your dialogue turning into a slightly tedious monologue rather than maintaining the natural give and take of normal conversation. And one other thing, I loved the pull of your excellent title!
09/19/10
Just wondering if this is "the man in the dress" at Pastor Thomas' church last week?! The story is warm, genuine,compassionate...
sometimes we may think "those people" are just flamboyant showoffs and not know the guilt and shame under the surface.Thanks for your perspective in this well writen story/
09/19/10
I like the insight of this. True to scripture but loving of people. Well written.
09/22/10
What a great piece on such an interesting subject. It's so easy to be like those mentioned in the story - disgusted by what is obviously wrong and forgetting the hurting person inside the dress.

Your MC was so full of compassion - I really liked him!

When writing a title, remember to capitalize the important words.

Very good writing!
I'm glad that your MC looked beyond the exterior and got to the heart of this hurting man.