The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1322 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was very interesting. You made me feel like I was right there with the Mc. Well done.
Terrific attention to detail (you did your research well) and character development! I felt like you had me "in the skin" of the guard, viewing Paul from his perspective. Paul's conversation with the guard is rich with truth straight out of Eph. 6, and totally believable. Excellent entry! I hope it places way up there.
04/20/10
Loved this! There is so much depth in it: - bringing "Paul" to life for the reader; a fascinating historical setting; and the real clincher - an amazing teaching on the armour of God. Excellent job!
Great way to illustrate the topic and a wonderful glimpse of Paul.
04/20/10
Your contrasts between the spiritual armor and that of the Roman guards is great in this Biblical/historical-based entry. I especially liked the conclusion of the guard, "...suddenly I began sensing an uncomfortable weight and weakness in all that I’d so proudly worn…" Very compelling!
Great Biblical story; good details, loved the guard's final thoughts.
I enjoy Biblical stories that bring scripture to life. This story puts the reader on the scene and is well presented. Good writing.
Let me list the things I love about this piece:

#1 I love the rich historical references. This brought me into the story and made me feel like I took a trip back in time.

#2 I loved the armor of God explanations. They were given with rich detail that made me think about the armor in a new way.

#3 I loved the angle you took regarding Paul and how spot on this story was to the topic. Comparing and contrasting the sword and armor to God's Word was a great angle to take.

Keep up the good work, Noel!
04/22/10
There is a richness and depth to this that I really savored...I love historical and Biblical works so this was great in my eyes! Really
wonderful job, Noel.
I must echo Virgil, Joshua, and Karen. There is nothing like enjoying the gift of bringing scripture to life.
This family of faith would have less colour without you.
04/23/10
A heart-warming story. Love the attention to detail and the powerful contrast between the weapons of our warfare and that of the world.
My one quibble would be that there's a lot here about swords but not so much about the pen.
Awesome Noel, congrats!
12/15/21
Reading your stories bring such insight into biblical stories. I loved the line “ He knows he can’t escape, but he also knows we can’t get away from him either…” you have a depth if knowledge of biblical times that brings depth and illumination. Excellent job.