The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 908 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
From a true country girl from birth I must say I found your story hysterical. I loved the thought of turning your house into a Disney house. It was quite cute.
Very cute and clever. You did much better than I would have with Jiminy! Your descriptions within the story are great.
Favorite lines: "cricket the size of a Chihuahua"; "Mickey was giving his George Foreman impression in the corner". Fun writing, fun story!
03/09/10
I too enjoyed the Disneyland analogy -- a great concept.
03/10/10
Very cleverly woven! I loved the way you worded this, "What I hadn’t anticipated was the fauna below the flora..." I also enjoyed the Disney characters, especially Jiminy and Pluto! :)
03/10/10
Ah, city folk. Great read.
03/10/10
Funny, and you've captured the Disney-eyed lack of reality perfectly.
03/11/10
Cute ending. I loved all of your references to the Disney characters, it really made them come to life for me.
03/11/10
It took me a moment or two to get the "Disney connection," but I am a little slow in the morning with just one cup of coffee down. Funny, bright, and creative.
Congratulations on the top 40!
Ooh! This was thoroughly enjoyable. Congrats on the place too!