The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1885 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Eloquent! Very moving piece! INSPIRATIONAL PLUS!
Wow! Beautiful! You grasped a bit of what I feel when I am in nature--that somehow just looking, just enjoying what He created is a complete worship that fills my soul.
08/09/05
Beautiful descriptive writing. I have a strong suspicion that I know who's this is. If not, you should submit it to Riders and Reapers ;)
08/09/05
WOW! You have extreme talent. That was awesome.
Hmmmm, Sally, you mean this could be B__?! :-)

The description here is beyond amazing. Interestingly, someone very close in my family worships the images of nature such as those described here - rather than the Creator of them.

In the midst of the imagery, though, the constant reminder of the Source feels so soothing and comforting. Thank you for sharing this awesome piece of work. Obviously, you've "been there".....
08/11/05
Wonderful, just wonderful!!!!!
You've taken us body, mind and spirit to that higher place! Beautiful!
08/12/05
One word: WOW! I was there in the midst of it all. Beautiful, awe-inspiring piece. Left me breathless.
Blessings, Lynda
08/12/05
One question - How do you know the Eagle is a she? :) This piece speaks for itself. Wish I could be there to experience this Majesty!
08/13/05
Oops. My guess was wrong. Good on ya Maxx, nice to see you 'retreat' from the dark side this week.
08/13/05
WOW!!!!!! Amazingly beautiful!!!!
08/13/05
Maxx,
Simply beautiful writing! Your selection and connection to the English language is amazing. You always seem to choose the best possible word to bring forth the EXACT meaning or feeling. Great job once again.
Jo
08/14/05
Absolutely brilliant. This is poetry, art, dance and music ... all in the medium of prose. Magnificent.
08/14/05
Reading this was like being in a state of worship and awe. I could envision it with scenic views flashing on the screen and the reading drawing me into a state of worship. Excellente'
All of the above. This piece was absolutely awesome!
08/15/05
Breath-taking. Life-giving. The images drip with rich color. Thank you. Helga
Okay, for you, THIS is outside the box! Very visual and uplifting. And a winner too. Congratulations Maxx! I'd like to read more entries like this.
I hate you. Seriously. Your work is masterful. Like I said to my husband yesterday. 'Maxx could write about a pigs' ear and it would be a masterpiece.' No fair. This is truly beautiful. One of those pieces where a reader is in awe. In awe because of the writing and in awe because of the timless, truthful tale. Beautiful. Words can't can't give this piece justice.
06/26/06
I've been reading through FW Journey of Faith, reacquainting myself with the winning stories. I must have missed reading this on the 'retreat' challenge. It's a truly beautiful piece. The paragraph that begins 'A drop of dew slips along the vein of a fern.' is breathtaking.
yeggy