The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1458 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nice
The years you showed that were wasted in bitterness made me very sad. You certainly pulled this reader into the emotional intensity of your story. I'm so glad that mother and daughter reunited.
07/09/09
What a good reminder for all of us to be current on forgiveness. This was very well written--you have a great way of pulling the reader in.
07/11/09
This anger and unforgiving spirit is soooooo like what a friend of mine is going through right now. I only hope she doesn't make the same mistakes as you describe and lose all those years because of it.

Good story.
07/11/09
I'm so glad your MC was able to finally make peace with her daughter, with herself, and likely also with her God.
Like Sonya said, we all should heed the wake-up call. A good reminder. Thank you.
07/11/09
When there's more years behind us than in front of us, relecting on our past becomes a common thing to do. I'm glad you gave your MC and Vicky a chance to forgive each other--a key element in life if we ever expect peace in our hearts.
07/11/09
Very moving. Thank goodness the MC had the opportunity to forgive. Not everyone is able which is tragic. I really enjoyed this story.
02/26/10
As I read this article, tears flowed from my eyes, and I was beyond compelled to you this.
Because of your article - I am inspired to write a story of my Father and I. I won't try and repeat it now - maybe you can check in on my letter sometime. I'm going to stay up and write it tonight.
Thank-you for that beautiful story, it has affected me in more ways than you can ever know.
May God continue to bless you,
Hugs, luv, and prayers,
Lisa Grace