The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1892 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/05/09
Oh. I love this. Wonderful writing and really authentic voice and "feel" throughout.
Excellent entry!
I'm going to go read it again! :)
Very well written. You have researched the history of these voyageurs excellently. Not only informative, but you did a great job of portraying your MC's thoughts and feelings.
02/06/09
Beautifully written. You painted the scene with wonderful descriptions.
02/06/09
This is an excellent piece of writing. Very well done.
02/09/09
Absolutely gorgeous--your writing is lyrical and wistful. I love it.
02/09/09
Beautiful, catching the soul of the land as well as the voice of the MC perfectly.
02/09/09
I felt as though I was reading someones journal. Well done.
I knew I'd like this as soon as I started reading, and I was right. :) You could make this into a great YA adventure novel by writing about his entire trip north and back. I enjoyed it a lot!
02/10/09
I could really feel the adventure in this. Well done.
Wow.. this is beautiful. Almost poetic. I am going to read this to my kids. I know they will love it!
Outstanding! Enjoyed this very much.
02/12/09
Good story. I liked how you fit in the facts and details. Your piece caught my attention because I've always loved fur trade stories.
This is masterful, well deserving of EC.
02/12/09
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! :)
02/12/09
So smooth and beautiful. I enjoyed this very much and would love to see more of this style. Thank you for sharing your gift.
02/12/09
I so enjoyed this piece, a view into the heart of a "thinker". Congratulations on your EC, and first place in Advanced. Say, why don't you try getting some of those novels published?? :)
02/14/09
Congrats on placing in Advanced and EC! You put me back there with the MC, and did it so effortlessly, the sign of a master writer. Enjoyed it so much. You rose to this challenge and far surpassed the bar.