The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1396 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/08
Good piece - enjoyed! Thanks. Col.

Blessings for Christmas and the New Year!
12/14/08
This was a very creative way to introduce the reason for the season - from a college-aged perspective. Good job:)
I loved your college girl (she somehow seemed familiar hmmmmm?)and the wonderful transformation of her attitude as she spoke of her faith and the reason for Christmas. Good job!
Layla sounds a lot like me in the morning. :) The descriptions are fabulous and make this great story shine.
12/17/08
Love the voice, and love your MC's take on the proper way to drink coffee. I concur!
12/18/08
I love your lead up to the question, and then her answer.
12/20/08
After parenting three daughters through college, this was SO REAL! The late sleeper, the coffee, the self-centered world view, and just when you think oh well.. give up on them really "getting it", the Lord shines through them.. this was creative, authentic, and reminded me to always know God's word prevails in our hearts... in spite of our attitudes.. LOVED THIS...
12/22/08
Great voice, girl - and amazing descriptions - as usual, of course. LOVED it. Layla was very, very real. VERY ;)