The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1475 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute story! I knew the MC was going to get hooked the minute the dog appeared at the door.
11/30/08
I love pet rescue stories, and fell in love with Dijon myself. Great slice of life story that certainly validated the MC's choice to stay home. You brought me in.. now I want some chili... :)
11/30/08
Oh, this was great, made me laugh out loud! So glad to know Dijon found a good home. You made all of us dog lovers very happy.
I love the doggie-bonding tale! I could see Dijon's antics, and he made me smile. I wasn't convinced that, if it weren't for her brother's Tom Jones act, the visit would be worth driving 3 hours, but your descriptions and your characters animate a great story.
12/01/08
Sounds like the mustard pooch was a divine appointment. Loved the character and dialog. Well done.
12/01/08
Absolutely charming--I'm not a dog person, but Dijon won me over! Love this witty story.
Love the title. Your characters are wonderful too. I couldn't help but fall for the pooch! :)
Delightful story--all the way through!
12/02/08
What a fun read!
12/03/08
Gee, I hope this is at least a partially true doggie tale! It's so cute and I can just picture little Dijon and her friendly smile--or was that a smile of the conqueror? LOL.
12/04/08
Aww, you gotta love our pets. They really do brighten up our days (except when they don't;)